Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to Wild Woman, Mountain Man!

I'm Wild Woman, although most people know me as Jenny, and my boyfriend is Mountain Man, but I usually call him Riley.  We're just a couple of young, Southern folks carving out a place for ourselves in a little ol' state called Alabama.

Me and Mountain Man in the Sipsey Wilderness, August 2010



We also have one furbaby each, and yes, we're those annoying people who refer to ourselves as "Mommy" and "Daddy" when we're talking to our dogs.  I know.  I never thought I'd be THAT person.  But they're just so darn cute, I can't help myself!  Have a look:

My Tucker in his Christmas sweater
Mountain Man's Allie at the park

I'm sure you'll see and hear about these two rascals from time to time.

But enough about us; let me tell you why we're here.


I've wanted for a long time to start a blog, and since I will be starting my first year of teaching soon, I figured now is as good a time as any.  This blog will (hopefully) be a place to record not only my adventures in teaching but also my hobbies.  I love to sew, crochet, quilt, and cook, and I will soon be helping Mountain Man overhaul his cabin, which I've taken to thinking of as the Little Cabin in the Woods.  


Yes, I do a little bit of everything.  Always have, probably always will.  Sometimes it drives me crazy, so I quit.  Then I get bored and start over.  It's a vicious cycle.  


If he'll let me, I'd like to add some posts featuring Mountain Man and his projects, as he is quite the DIYer himself, although for him it's less about being trendy and more just a way of life.  


Check back soon to see what we've been up to!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new blog! I love this. Definitely want to see some of Mtn Man's projects. There's a lot of interest in urban / modern day homesteading and traditional skills.

    ReplyDelete