Friday, March 14, 2014

February/March - Year of Resolutions

I hope you didn't think I'd given up on my resolutions just because you haven't heard from me!

It has been a crazy, busy, strange start to 2014, and I'd like to say I've adhered to my resolutions resolutely, but I'm only human, and they've been on the back burner more than once.  The Little Cabin is coming along tremendously but taking up a lot of my and Mountain Man's free time/thoughts (post coming soon!). And then there's wedding planning. It's always something!

Anyway, I am finally here to check in with you about my progress on my 2014 resolutions, and I'd love to hear how you've been doing with yours.


My January goal of establishing a healthier lifestyle in an effort to lose weight has had mixed results. My day-to-day routine was interrupted for much of January and February because of weather and school closings, and any time school is out my inner laziness takes over. I have lost some weight, but not as much as I'd hoped to by now. Still, I am continuing to make an effort to eat less fast food and sugar and to exercise semi-regularly, so there's that.

February was pretty much a bust, but I kinda decided to make it that way.  I started strong, working on small projects regularly, but the more I thought about it, the less wise it seemed to try to establish an Internet-based business when I have no Internet service at my home. Right now, the plan is to continue to make items intended for sale and perhaps find other venues until I have regular Internet access again.

And here we are in March. Somehow, I got my resolutions mixed up and was thinking this month was for my car-cleaning routine. Alas, it is house-cleaning time, and boy, does it need it! Well, I have two weeks left, and I'm going to get started.  I've been wanting to do a deep cleaning for awhile now, and this gives me the perfect "excuse".  Here's my plan:


  • Clean EVERYTHING this weekend, so I can start with a clean slate. Literally, ha.
  • Establish a written cleaning routine, and post it somewhere I can see it everyday. 
  • Stick to the routine so that I can live more comfortably in a clean, ordered environment.
And that's it! Wish me luck!

Hope to see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment